Saturday, February 03, 2007

I Don't Like Spam!

Actually, believe it or not, I do kinda like Spam, the meat-like product. It's good fried and dipped in mustard, with a little American cheese melted over it... Yum!

The spam I'm talking about today is email spam. First of all, I don't need anything that's going to "make her love you even more" or make me "a bigger man". Oh, and I get a lot of emails to buy OEM software. I've heard of OEM software, but I have no clue what it is. And no interest in buying it.

But here's what I don't get. The spam I've been getting lately on my gmail account is made up of question marks. So, for example, the "From" line looks like this:

????

And the subject line looks a little like this:

??????????????????

And the message (I haven't clicked to open any of them, but with Gmail you get the first little bit of text) looks something like this:

???????????????????????? ???????????

And sometimes there's even an exclamation point in there somewhere, like this:

?????????????????! ?????????????

What the...? What's the use in sending spam email that has only question marks in it?

Anybody know?




"No gold-digging for me...I take diamonds! We may be off the gold standard someday." ~Mae West

2 comments:

Sam said...

Possibly to hide a virus, or to phish, who knows?

Sherrill Quinn said...

I dunno. Now I'm also getting emails that are made up of nothing but little boxes. Phffft.