Saturday, September 16, 2006

Skinny's Out

I watched Access Hollywood Thursday night. I usually only end up watching that if I've watched the 6:00 news and have nothing else to watch until 7. Anyway, they had a segment about models.

Get this. Finally, finally it seems some folks are waking up--in Madrid, the Spanish Association of Fashion Designers has banned models who are too thin. Some people think it's a good idea; after all, models in magazines are the women young girls (and even those not so young) look up to as having the ideal body. And the ruling has enraged some--because they're disriminating against people who are thin.

Well, it's about damned time. I've spent much of my adult life watching people's reaction to overweight people, hearing snide remarks, etc. And I'd thought maybe it was just me, but if you can see a woman's ribs across her chest... Okay, first of all, just ewww. But if you can see bone stripes, she's too thin.



Am I right? Come on, you men out there. Please tell me you don't find this woman that attractive. She's got rib stripes, and just look at those frickin' hipbones! Someone could get hurt with those. Just as being overweight is unhealthy, so is being underweight. A woman who's 5'9" and weighs 107 pounds (the average height/weight of a runway model) is too thin. I'm 5'4", and my ideal weight is 110-120.

Thank you, Madrid.

And, yes, I'm dieting. Again. So maybe this is all just jealousy on my part.

But maybe not.

Wish me luck.




"It ain't no sin if you crack a few laws now and then. As long as you don't break any." ~Mae West

2 comments:

Sam said...

Sherrill, if you wanted to give me some "eye candy" I think you found something more like a pixie-stick!

Ewwwwwwwww is right! Sorry, but my breats are bigger! Not that the size really matters (and I mean that, so please no angery comments! lol), but please! When they're attached to a set of baby-back ribs that you could play like a xylophone, I'll pass. She looks like a tall 12 year old - not sexy at all. Petite women can be very sexy, but to look like a posterchild for "Feed The World" just isn't right!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thank you, Sam! That's what I'm saying. There's nothing sexy about a starved body.