Thursday, September 21, 2006

Progress Is Being Made!

Finally, I've stopped farting around on my manuscripts and have made some real headway on Damnation (the sequel to Redemption), as well as the self-edits on Beyond the Beast. It's amazing how much more I can get done when I just don't have the television on.

LOL Back away from the TV and no one will get hurt.

With just some light classical music playing in the background, on Monday I managed 4,000 words on Damnation, plus 5 loads of laundry! And edits of two chapters on BtB. Tuesday I had an appointment for a perm, so not as much writing time available, and it was brought home to me once again that if I don't get started writing in the morning I manage to not get a lot done. I was able to do 1,000 words on Damnation and another chapter edited on BtB. Yesterday I had to work. I didn't plan on getting as much done, so I'm pretty happy with the 1,000 words on Damnation.

We'll have to see what today brings. My critique partners and I are going an early lunch and then it's on to see The Black Dahlia. I may (or may not) get any writing done. At the very least I hope to get more editing on BtB--I've already been through each chapter a few times, and the entire book at least twice, but once more around certainly won't hurt--so it's as polished as possible when the full is requested by an agent. (Notice I said "when" and not "if". Think positive, people!)

Ah, well. Che sera sera.

Have a good one, y'all!




"Good girls go to heaven, but bad girls get to go everywhere." ~Mae West

2 comments:

Sam said...

How was the movie? :-)

Sherrill Quinn said...

It was very convoluted, Sam. To me, there was more time spent on the relationships of the two main cops who were investigating the murder than there was on the murder itself. I was disappointed. I'd say... don't waste your money. (I'm just glad we went to the matinee!)