Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tucson Festival of Books...

...was a great success! I can't find the numbers yet, but I know they anticipated over 50,000 attendees over the 2-day period. I do know there were over 450 authors (the largest number of authors at any book festival in the country!), and a couple hundred thousand dollars was/will be donated to literacy. As with last year's panel that I participated in, there were about 35 people in attendance at this year's discussion. (Not the standing-room-only that my fellow RWA chapter member Laurie Schnebly Campbell had, but for a no-name like me, it was a nice turnout.) Plus my books sold out at the U of A bookstore, so there weren't any for me to sign after the panel talk.

Mark your calendars now for next year's festival -- March 12-13!


I'm guest blogging over at Silk and Shadows today--come on over and say hi!

2 comments:

Colleen Love said...

I'm so happy that things went well for you, Sherrill!! What a great feeling that must have been to find out all of your books were sold! Wow!! :)

Have a great Friday Eve!! :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Colleen. Of course, I don't know how many books they ordered...coulda only been 2. LOL