Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fandemonia

Not sure I spelled that title right, but... The news yesterday in the entertainment world (confirmed by one of the show runners) is that this is the last year for Stargate: Atlantis to be on TV as a series.

Fans at Gateworld went crazy. Crying and moaning and calling MGM and SciFi names. Really bad names.

Now, I'll admit that I'm disappointed. SGA is my favorite show, and I'll be sorry not to have the opportunity to drool over Joe Flanigan every Friday night. Er, I mean, watch a show that's such a fine example of science fiction. (And I *do* like the show for more than just Joe. Really. It's Stargate--funny, irreverent, full of cool VFX and great character moments.)

They say there will be at least one SGA movie probably some time in 2009. I hope there's more, like they've done with SG1.

But I'm not going to lose sleep over it or go around gnashing my teeth and cursing the network and production company. It's just a TV show, for crying out loud. Not worth angsting over, in my opinion. So I'll enjoy the rest of the season and see what the new Stargate show (Stargate Universe) is all about. Who knows? I might enjoy it even more...

But I will miss John Sheppard and Rodney McKay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed but at least it's had a good five year run and didn't get axed in the middle of its first season like so many other shows I like.

Sherrill Quinn said...

So true, anonymous. And at least they didn't cancel it mid-season... That would have chomped big time.

Anonymous said...

Weird. I don't know why that came up as anonymous. That was me. Strange....

Sherrill Quinn said...

Tori, you sly thing, you... LOL