Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Dark Knight



MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD

...


...


...


...


My friend S and I went and saw The Dark Knight last week. First of all, let me say...

Whoa!

What a terrific movie. Lots of action, yummy Christian Bale, and Michael Caine, as always, was perfect as Alfred. Heath Ledger repeated history by having the Joker steal the movie away from Batman (which is exactly what Nicholson did to Keaton in the first Batman movie).

But...

Someone please tell me why, at the end, Batman has to be Gotham's fall guy? Why did he have to take the blame for the murders that Harvey Dent committed? Couldn't they have just said that the Joker killed those people, or some nameless criminal must have done it? Other than that the writer(s) needed this plot device to set up the next movie, someone please 'splain it to me, cuz I don't get it.

Really. I don't get it.

Someone please explain.

2 comments:

Colleen Love said...

Sorry Sherrill. Wish I could help you, but I think you already nailed it. But then, there are always people in the wrong place at the wrong time, perhaps it creates empathy for them, because Batman has been there too.

Honestly? When I watch any of the Batmans, I see all the toys and gagetry, the rubber suits and the fast cars. Really, all I want is just see whats IN the suit. Don't give me the six pack outline, the tights and then let him hide behind the cape. Just drop the thing. He can keep the mask if he wants, just drop the suit. lol!! :D

I haven't seen the film yet, so if you tell me there is a scene in there even remotely close, I will be there, front row, center!! :D

C~

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, Colleen, we do get a shot of Batman without his shirt...but if I remember right it's mostly just his back. No abs.

Does that motivate you? LOL