Saturday, September 29, 2007

Moonlight...Or Madness?

Did you see the show last night--Moonlight?




I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It's a vampire show, which is good. It's lead actor (Alex O'Loughlin) is cute, which is good. (I'll confess, I can watch just about anything if the lead actor is good looking. Pretty shallow, I know. LOL) But...

The main character--Mick St. John--drives a black convertible. Can you say Angel? And didn't Nick Knight drive a black car, too? And just what is it with vamps driving convertibles? While Mick (in an opening segment right out of "Interview With the Vampire") confesses that vampires won't burst into flames if they go out into the sun, he does admit that it's not comfortable for him. Well, okay. Another confession, which may tell you something about my character: If something makes me uncomfortable, especially in the "uncomfortable pain" sense, then I don't do it.

Vampire driving a convertible... Not a good idea, I'm thinking.

Nothing about the show made me go "Wow! This is such a great show!" But I think I'll reserve judgment and watch it next week. And not just because Alex is cute...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard some people found it boring and hated it. I enjoyed it myself. Sure it's the same old, same old but so are a lot of the other shows on TV. *g*

Sherrill Quinn said...

That's it, isn't it, Tori? You try to find the show that's not the worst thing you could watch. I enjoyed it, too, but it just wasn't something that made me really sit up and take notice. I'll probably watch it again--if only to see the special effects when he goes all vampy. *G*

Two Voices Publishing said...

I have to agree with you, it could have been better. My first impression was they took Angel, stripped away all the paranormal, the snappy dialogue, the intriguing secondary characters and the sense of fun, and used everything that was left. Mick is cute enough to have me tuning in again, but I'm already rooting for someone to lock Beth in a freezer.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Bernadette, I agree with you about Beth. I mean, going under cover and face-to-face with a man she thinks might be a killer? I can already see the set-up: Beth gets herself in trouble, Mick rescues her. Next show, Beth gets herself in trouble, Mick rescues her. I could be wrong...