Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm Going Part-Time

And I can't wait! Beginning next week, I'm cutting my day job hours to 30--there's just not enough work there to keep me busy 40 hours a week, and I can afford the cut in salary at this point, so I'm going for it. It should give me at least another 2 hours of writing time a day, give me an earlier start, which is huge for me. I've discovered that if I'm not writing by 6:30-6:45 p.m., it ain't gonna happen. Because I'm too tired, usually.

Of course, the downside is that I'll have to pay for my entire benefit premium through COBRA, so I'll only have 18 months to do this. Unless something happens at work where they need me to come back full-time. But until one of the above happens, I'll be off work by 3 p.m., home by 3:30, and hopefully on the keyboard by 4:00.

Yippee!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope it all works out for you! More writing time...yippy for you. You are a very diciplined writer.

<> <> eyes blog...

You have lots of inspiration here abouts too!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Jessica. From your lips to God's ears... :)

Maya Reynolds said...

Sherrill: May this opportunity lead to greater things. God knows, I understand the medical insurance dilemma. It's what drove me back to work after my COBRA expired.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Maya. I'm hoping I can really up my productivity, because I'm not as creative once it gets dark. My brain thinks it's time for bed--and that's not a good thing when it's dark at 7 p.m. Not sure what's gonna happen this winter when it's dark by 5:30. LOL