Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Live Free or Die Hard

Well, I'm reporting today on my movie day yesterday. My friend S and I went to see Live Free or Die Hard. It has a lot of action and Bruce is...Bruce, so that part was good. The young actor playing his sidekick (the Apple computer guy from the commercials) was very good--had the best lines in the movie. However...

It was way too over the top. I couldn't suspend my disbelief quite enough to believe that John McClane, who's no relation to Superman, whatever the Die Hard franchise would have us believe, could survive all of what he went through. And after a few lessons in how to fly a plane, I doubt very much he'd be able to fly a helicopter. Then he loses the bad guys and just walks in where they are like he knew all along? Or happened to stumble upon them, which is just as implausible?

Pul-lease!

Glad I went to the matinee instead of paying full price. And I'm seriously thinking of limiting myself to the $3 movie theater from now on...

So, if you've seen the fourth installment of Die Hard, what did you think?


"With all things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia." ~John MClane/Bruce Willis in Die Hard

No comments: