Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tipsy Tuesday

How many times have you heard the advice "Write what you know."?

I think a better way to look at that is "Write what you're passionate about." What do you talk about endlessly, given half a chance? What subjects do you love to research? When you write what you're passionate about, you write with authority. What you write is interesting.

This is why writing to trends doesn't work. If you really don't like vampire romances, yet try to write one because that's what's popular, it's going to show. So don't try. Find your passion and write about that.

2 comments:

Colleen Love said...

Sooo Sherrill... You want to explain some of these MMF stories? :D hehe Especially a certain queen who keeps her captured men in cages? heh heh heh heh... :D
I'll be listening... lol! Because I love your stories and will always be back for more! :)


C~

Sherrill Quinn said...

ROFLMAO!! Colleen, you're priceless! Thanks for that, I needed the laugh.

Okay, so sometimes my passion is only in my mind. ;)