Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Fool's Day

When I was a kid, and even as a teenager, my mom just about always played an April Fool's prank on me. Usually just after I'd gotten up and was still a little sleep-fuzzy. Harmless little "how'd you rip your pajamas" or something along those lines. Something she knew would make me look.

Now that I live 2,000 miles away from her, small things like that pop into my memory on days like today. My mom's sense of humor is a little more understated than my dad's was, but in her own way she's just as ornery. LOL

What about you? What kinds of April Fool's memories do you have?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same one actually :) When I used to come into my parents' bedroom, she used to say exactly that! Or that there was a small spider on my head (not a big one, I would have cried if she had just said 'spider'). Only the difference is is that my mum's a few feet down from me, making us some teas :)

Further, I've been pranked today actually :P You might have seen that :P

Sherrill Quinn said...

I did see that! :)

My mom's coming for a visit and will be here on Mother's Day. I'm looking forward to that!

Colleen Love said...

My mom did those gentle April Fools jokes too. :) My younger brothers, on the other hand, not so gentle! lol

I hope you enjoy your time with your mom. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Colleen, I don't remember my siblings pulling any pranks on me. That's not to say they didn't, but I just don't remember. So they must not have been too bad... ;)