Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tipsy Tuesday

When you're dealing with technology, keep your cool. Unlike me. But, really, should I have to call a guy in India to fix a wireless router that quit working after only one week?!? Really?!

Okay, granted, that's not much of a tip, but after not being able to get on the internet this morning and then spending over an hour with the cable company and the wireless router company, that's about all I have left in me.

So, today's tip: Don't let technology get you fired up. (Definitely a case of "do as I say and not as I do".) LOL

1 comment:

Colleen Love said...

Recently had to go through the same thing. The lady was in India and just for fun, my cordless phone died because we were on the phone with her for so long. Glad I didn't have to pay that phone bill!! Jeesh!