For the serious writer:
- Writing is about learning from every book you write what you could have done better so that the next time you do it differently
- You have to be serious about your writing before you can expect anyone else to be.
- The first draft doesn't have to be perfect. Get something down, and then you can fix it.
- Publishers, especially in this economy, are not going to give you an advance for a book you haven't written.
- Keep writing. While you're waiting for your book to find a home, start the next one.
- You have to write something that you feel passionate about.