Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tipsy Tuesday

I am generally a good cook, though I don't do anything fancy. Love to eat; hate the clean-up. But I do have a couple of tips for you:

1) If you leave the Parmesan out of Turkey Tetrazzini, it still tastes yummy.

2) If you leave the rice out of rice pudding, it still tastes yummy. And it's not always obvious what's missing. Case in point--several years ago my mom made rice pudding. She and my dad came over to my house for dinner (I lived with my sister at the time), and Mom brought the dessert (leftover rice pudding). As she's dishing it up, she says, "There's something different about this, but your dad and I can't figure out what it is. C (my sister) had some when she stopped by at lunchtime, and she can't figure it out, either." I took one bite and said, "There's no rice in it." The was dead silence, then uproarious laughter. Yep. Mom had left the rice out of the rice pudding. But it was still yummy.

3) If you leave baking soda out of your biscuits, they do not still taste yummy. They're as hard as hockey pucks that even the dog won't eat.

Those are my tips for the day. Have a good one!

No comments: