Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Agent Blogs

Today is going to be a short post. I have to leave for work earlier than normal because I have a day full of interviews--right now I have 5 positions open that I'm recruiting for. 5 may not sound like a lot, but for a company with under 90 employees, it's all relative, eh? 5 is 4 too many. LOL

I am a regular lurker at a couple of agent blogs and thought I'd point you in their direction (if you're a writer and/or interested).

First, Nathan Bransford of Curtis Brown. His post yesterday was about query letters and how many really, really bad ones he's been getting lately--primarily from people he suspects won't research and learn how to craft a good query letter because, well, they think they know what they're doing, I guess.

Second, Bookends, LLC. They've been running contests. Check them out.

Pub Rants, Kristen Nelson of Nelson Literary Agency's blog. Her post yesterday was a short "What's frustrating for agents" that I can relate to. She wrote that they will ask one of their clients (authors) to revise their manuscript *before* they (the agent) submit it, and the authors sometimes refuse to do so. This I don't get. The manuscript I sent to my agent went through two MAJOR revisions and...well, I can't say what's happening with it because I haven't signed on the dotted line yet. (If you read between the lines there, there's some mega good news I hope to share soon.)

And that's it for me today. I'm off to get ready for work.

No comments: