Saturday, June 09, 2007

Another Sale to Ellora's Cave

My estimable editor, Brianna St. James, has accepted Sassy Devils, LLC for publication. Yippee!! This is a story I've had a lot of fun with, and it also has a bit of emotional angst attached to it as well. The idea came to me while I was on the plane traveling back to Ohio for Dad's funeral back in December.

The only caveat she has is that I lengthen it--I had submitted it for a Halloween Quickie, but she feels it would be better suited (and I agree) as a novella. So I'm about 2,000 words away from sending it back in. I hope to have it finished and back out to her today.

What's Sassy Devils, LLC about? I'm so glad you asked! LOL Sassy Devils, LLC is the "employer" of all good and evil creatures in, under and above the world. It's made up of three main divisions: the Faery Division (headed up by Tatiana, the queen of the faeries), the Demon Division (headed up by Lucifer), and the Angel Division (headed up by the archangel Gabriel). The Chairman of the Board is the Big Guy Himself, Yahweh (God). This first book tells the story of Lucifer's son Urian, a sex demon, and Hailey Kovac, the woman whose dreams he's haunted for ten years.

Stay tuned for more. Once I have edits completed, I'll post an excerpt.


"Ability is of little account without opportunity." ~Lucille Ball

2 comments:

Maya Reynolds said...

Congratulations, Sherrill!!! Way to go.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Maya. I'm thrilled. :)