Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Graceless Under Pressure

There was a fire at the house next door to me last night--their storage area and carport went up in flames, cause unknown at this time. Their carport is roughly 10-12 feet away from my carport. Being roused from bed by looking out of my bedroom to see a wall of flame shooting toward my house is not pleasant. Panicking while trying to move my car out of the driveway and getting the door hung up on the outer wall of the house, thereby trashing said door, is not pleasant. Realizing that I am neither calm nor collected when under pressure...not pleasant.

But good to know for future reference. LOL Thankfully everyone made it out without injury, and there is minimal damage to the outer edge of the roof of my carport.

My poor car, on the other hand, will have to be towed to the body shop today because I can't close the door. It's ajar by about half a foot.

Half a foot. Because when I got the door hung up on the house, I did it twice. Twice. (Insert heavy sigh here.) Heroine material I am definitely not.

3 comments:

Colleen Love said...

So glad you're okay, Sherrill!! How scary! It's amazing what you can do when needed, huh?

Hugs
C~

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, hon.

What I can't do apparently is move my car and think at the same time. *sigh*

But I will say, State Farm totally rocks!

Colleen Love said...

But I always believe there is a price for everything, if your car being injured was the price instead of you, or someone else, then it was worth it.

~Hugs~