Thursday, June 18, 2009

Catalog Overflow

The first few weeks here at my new place were nice--especially with my mail. All those shopping catalogs I'd been getting were no longer popping up in my box. Yay! Then, somehow, they got a hold of my new address, and now they're starting to trickle back in. But I think I may have discovered something to help me.

Catalogchoice.org. Not all marketers are participants in this service, but those that are are SUPPOSED to stop sending you catalogs if you send a message to them. I'm going one step farther--sending a letter to those who don't participate, telling them to take me off their mailing list. I don't need paper catalogs to entice me to shop. All it does is irritate me at the waste.

Here's hoping that the notifications and letters do the job.

No comments: