Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Making Progress

I'm so happy--I've finally gone over the half-way mark on book #2 in my Moon series for Kensington. Seeing as how this is due to my editor by August 1st, it's about time. I hit a snag for about a month, maybe a little over--the story wouldn't move in the direction I wanted it to, then I ended up having a neck/arm problem that was aggravated by typing (not by the typing itself, but by extending my arm to reach the keyboard). Aggravated mostly at work, not at home, since my laptop is more user friendly. I'm happy to say that the pain is nearly all gone.

Of course, that means that my back has started acting up. Phfft. It sucks getting old. Although I think my back going wonky has more to do with the fact that I've decided (again) to get serious about a diet and exercise program. It's my subconscious trying to sabotage me. But, dayum. If I can be so focused on my writing career, why can't I do the same with my diet?!?

So, anyway, back to my progress on Moon #2, I hope to get at least another 10,000 words written on it by the end of this week. Keep an eye on the meter on the left toward the bottom for how I'm doing.

No comments: