I should call these goals, not resolutions, because history has taught me that I suck at meeting resolutions but when I set my mind to it, I excel at achieving goals.
So, let's first look back over what I accomplished in 2007:
- Wrote (conservative estimate) almost 500,000 words (not including blogs, blog stories or monthly short stories in my newsletters), most of which sold.
- Sold 10 novellas, eight of which were published in 2007, the remaining two scheduled for early 2008.
- Obtained an agent and have a full-length paranormal romance with her.
- Was the President of my local RWA chapter.
- Took on three freelance writing projects utilizing my Human Resources background.
Whew! No wonder I'm tired. :)
Now, looking ahead to 2008, here are my GOALS (mostly writing related, but some personal in there, too):
- Plot and write the sequel to Beyond the Beast (80,000 words).
- Plot and write Books III and IV of the Sassy Devils series (65,000 words).
- Plot and write Staking a Claim (sequel to Claiming Hannah - 25,000 words).
- Plot and write the sequel to Dragonfire (25,000 words).
- Plot and write my take on the story of Little Red Riding Hood (50,000 words).
- Save money to attend the RWA National Conference in San Francisco in July.
- Continue to do freelance HR work.
- Readjust my viewpoint on diet and exercise--get fit and lose weight!
Busy, busy year ahead.